To be a poet one needs the six P’s – the pencil, the paper, the perception, the passion, the persistence and the unshakable persuasion that the poem is in fact possible and attainable. - Grace Perry

Friday, November 8, 2013

Rocket Readings - Today!!

I have just finished my last prac teaching block. I loved it and was sad to leave the school, the supportive staff and the lovable students behind, but I am looking forward to receiving a placement for next year.

In the meantime, I am excited to have more time for my writing and reading!

First up, today I will be reading some of my poetry at the Wollongong City Gallery, for Viva la Gong's Rocket Readings. I am honoured to have been invited to read by the event host, Linda Godfrey! I am also a bit nervous to be reading alongside poetry great, Peter Skrzynecki!


No comments:

Post a Comment